Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December Daring Bakers challenge 2009





The December 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.

Well I finally had time to get one in. I actually went a little crazy at first and realized I bit off more than I could chew. I made the "people" out of marzipan and made some candy cane chocolate cigarettes to make like light posts. Used royal icing for the snow, lights etc. I actually don't even have a completed picture since I took it to a party and it got demolished ha ha. But here are some process photos, both interiors were further decorated, and completed with some gelatine windows. One is a bakery, I made the mini breads out of marzipan and colored them with an airbrush machine. Anyways here are some photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks VERY cute! Thanks for sharing!