Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fathers Day cake


Well I had orignally planned on making a cake that looked like a steak. But I kept adding red and more red and it wouldnt go dark enough(my dad was on his way so that gives me 20 mins or so to finish it.) So it is a heart. My dad said it was cute. Ha Ha...

I used a chocolate marble cake recipe I found via google.( if you want the recipe just msg me with your email and I will send it to you.




My photos arent very good because it is a camera phone.. I have not gotten around to buying a new one after mine got stolen. Anyways, I used a marshmello fondant and the first butter cream recipe they suggested at this http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm.

It turned out pretty good. I don't think I will try to make fondant again it was pretty messy, Maybe for my boyfriends birthday or you know a special occasion. The butter cream was a little salty, next time I will add less salt... And of course I will work on my piping skills:p.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Great job with the fondant! I looks really nice and smooth